UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

copyright question Can I write the following in my book.

copyright question

Can I write the following in my book. My book is fiction. My book is not based around The Beatles or Brian Epstein. I have just used it in passing just like she had a glass of Coke.

“That’s right, very good! In fact, I was married on 28 January 1966 at Epsom Register Office, exactly one week after XXXXX XXXXXon was. I saw the Beatles at Abbey Road. One day, their manager, Brian Epstein, came in the shop. I was the only one in the shop that morning. I knew who he was, as he had been in before and bought a couple of paintings.

“There you are. Do you remember what I said a few of days ago about an Art Deco book that Brian Epstein bought for ten pounds and was sold thirty years later for $50,000?”
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you are free to write that provided you have a disclaimer that your book is fictional and names, characters and places are used fictitiously.

Hope this helps