75100385

Hi im having problems with my land lord and now he has a agent

Customer Question

Hi im having problems with my land lord and now he has a agent who is even worse i have a cafe for 5 years on a f.r.i.l lease we were told we could put heating in now were not allowed. they just keep changing rules. i was thinking of handing it back but legally and didn't want the headache of the bill for the lease what would the best thing to do. sole trader. should i go ltd company then fold or go bankrupt.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You have a commercial lease?
Alex Watts : I don't understand what the heating has to do with the landlord please?
JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

the lease is 3 stories basement ground and 1st floor the 1st floor we agreed to use as a flat. before we signed this was agreed by the landlord and we wanted to put heating in the flat this was agreed and the landlord verbally agreed to pay £1000 half of the cost. after signinging the lease he changed his mind and other things we now have inspections and his agent thinks we are avoiding them but we not we just want to get on with the business the landlord keeps comming in all the time. looking through the shutters looking through the back gate and so on. were actually quite sick of the whole thing now please advise how we can give cafe up. or what we can do

Alex Watts : Does the agreement have a clause which says you have peaceful enjoyment? Did anyone witness the conversation about heating?
JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

not sure about peaceful enjoyment but 3 witnesess to the verbal agreement of heating

Alex Watts :

Can you check the agreement please?

JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

i don't have it

Alex Watts :

Can you come back to me about this?

JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

there is no mention of peacful enjoyment in lease spoke to landlords solicitor

Alex Watts :

Ok and what do you want to achieve please?

JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

want to get on with the business the landlord keeps comming in all the time. looking through the shutters looking through the back gate and so on. were actually quite sick of the whole thing now please advise how we can give cafe up. or what we can do

JACUSTOMER-n3bogjv3- :

3 witnesess to the verbal agreement of heating

Alex Watts :

You should write and tell the Landlord he is harassing you.

Alex Watts :

This is an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act.

Alex Watts :

You could complain to the Police.

Alex Watts :

AS for the heating etc you should also say that he either gets it done or you will sue him for it

Alex Watts :

If there were witnesses then you can claim against the Landlord.

Alex Watts :

You may need to take it to Court but you can issue proceedings online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/