13262538

One of my employees (who is my wife) our daughter was interviewed

One of my employees (who is my wife) our daughter was interviewed by the DHSS about the fact she didnot disclose she has an ISA when claiming job seekers - the interview was ok but the mother did ask the DHSS who has reported this as the ISA in question is in her name but the funds are the mothers, the interviewee comments were I can't confirm but if I leave the office it my be on my document!

The worst case possiable it's the other employee's brother in law who reported it, I have too employees who realy dont want to work with each other how do I move this forward to avoide a difficult situation for the business.

Lynne walked out of the office today and is threating to sue the business etc, etc, as the owner of the business I have not accused anyone she reacted to the Elaines comments

Kind Regards

XXXXX XXXXX
Who has walked out - your wife?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No... Lynne one of the employees

Was it her brother in law who reported your wife's daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was

What comment did your wife make to her that made her walk out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Elaine did not talk to Lynne it was me who posed the question; had she been talking to brother in law recently as it look as if he reported Laura, she went into a panic thinking Elaine was going to question her later on at that point she ran out the building believing she was not guilty of anything

Unfortunately I have worked with Lynne for 11 years and know very well her brother in laws past - he retired from CID at the request of the police for a serious allegation 2 years ago

May I ask why you asked her this and in what context?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To jog her memory, had she been talking in general or passing conversations recently about Laura! as sometimes Lynne talks without thinking

Given that you are her employer - what relevance does this have to her Work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Non

In that case may i ask why you raised it with her?
Has she returned to work yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To establish the fact had she had a conversation with her brother in law in recent weeks?

She is returning to work Tuesday next week

I am afraid that you are in a difficult position but must remember that the relationship you have with this lady is as Employer/Employee and you must always act on that basis.
This issue of her brother in law is nothing to do with her work and there is therefore no reason to raise it with her.
She is not responsible for what her brother in law has done and you need to make it clear that it will in no way effect her employment.
You will also need to explain this to your other employee - your wife.
failure to do this could lead to your employee claiming constructive dismissal - and succeeding
Please ask if you need further details