75100385

Ages ago I asked Money Boomerang to do a PPI on my Egg account

Ages ago I asked Money Boomerang to do a PPI on my Egg account after years of waiting they got back saying I did not have PPI on this account and therefore closed my account with them. My husband also had an egg account and he also used money boomerang and they got him some money back and took nearly a third themselves. A few years later I was watching Martin on money tips and he talked about how to do it yourself. I was convinced I had PPI on this account and I managed to find a piece of paper that said that. So I downloaded his template and wrote to them myself. About four month later I got a cheque giving me back the PPI. Then three months later I got a letter (well no we got a letter (it was addressed to my husband)) it was from money boomerang saying they wanted paying for the egg account that had paid out they were asking him for the money but it was my account. I rang them up said it had nothing to do with my husband and nothing to do with them as I had applied for it myself. They said that their previous work (almost four years ago) was the reason I had got any money and that EGG were just late paying out! I told them I had followed the template and applied for it myself. They asked me to prove it and I had a copy of the template to them and then we heard nothing. And I mean nothing. Then yesterday we come back from visiting friends to a letter from money boomerang threatening a County Court Judgement and that I with will have the sheriff removing items from my property in the next 7 days. That is this Thursday.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did Boomerang actually do anything? Did you sign their terms?

Customer: Hi they did when I initially ask them but nothing after they declared my case closed
Alex Watts : Did they confirm it was closed in writing please?
Customer: Yes they did but after a the years passed I did not keep it as at the time i did not think to keep the letter saying I was unsucessful. However when we rang them when they first asked us for money they admitted they had closed my case.
Alex Watts : Ok that's good news.
Alex Watts : If they have closed your case and not done any work, you do not have to pay.
Alex Watts : If it went to court they would have to admit to the judge about this letter and that they told you the case was closed.
Alex Watts : You therefore do not have to pay.
Alex Watts : Write back a
Alex Watts : Write back and set out your position,
Alex Watts : They closed the case.
Alex Watts : They did not recover money
Alex Watts : You did the work
Alex Watts : Therefore no payment is due.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Is there anything specific I should say or how best to word this letter. Can I also mention that the number the list is unavailable
Alex Watts : Just say you deny the claim, they closed the case and they wrote a letter confirming this.
Alex Watts : As such they are not entitled to claim
Alex Watts : Dont mention about the number, it's not really relevant.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: Thanks can I contact you to let you know the respose
Alex Watts : Ok
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.
Alex Watts : Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Alex Watts : Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/