Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I had a MOT done 3 months ago. One of the things they replaced

Customer Question

I had a MOT done 3 months ago. One of the things they replaced were my front lower suspension bushes. Since the MOT I have had a intermittent squeaky noise. I have recently put my car in for a service. The report came back saying "play on front wishbone bushes damage to console thread bolts not secured and washers fitted, req new consoles and bolts, non gen bushes fitted" the technicians let me see look at the bushes abd I was told the bushes looked damaged like they have filed or sawed and a bolt was wrongly fitted with 3 washers in between the car and the bolt. I have photos of bushes and bolt. I spoke to the garage they said they don't believe the technicians and they would say anything to get money out of me. He told me to bring it in but told him I have been told that the car is dangerous because of the job they done and I'm not happy driving it. Help were do I stand with my rights.
Btw I have VW Polo and took the car for a service to a VW dealership.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

From what you say I believe I understand correctly that a different garage carried out the MOT to the service please?

Joshua :

Do you have the damaged parts or have they been disposed of?

JACUSTOMER-62q23u7c- :

Yeah a small garage done my mot and the VW dealership done my service. No my car is still at the dealership I'm guessing they still have the parts.

Joshua :

Thanks. From what you say you have a written report from the dealership? How much has replacing the parts by the dealership cost?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue?