75100385

hi i wonder if you can help advise on the following, i have

Customer Question

hi i wonder if you can help advise on the following, i have a horse out on loan which the borrow has now terminated the contract and want me to pay out for all there expensiveness. the contract reads as following.

termination, the loan will be terminate in the following circumstances.the horse is found unfit for purpose due to medical conditions not declared to the borrow at the start of the contract and vices/ behavioral issues which would need extensive training and expense to rectify. should the owner seek termination of the contract within the specified loan period the owner will be liable for all fees incurred by the borrower including equipment, feed shoeing transport and rental cost.

as i see it as the borrow has terminated the contract and not the owner, the owner is not liable for the expensives, is this correct
thanks

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why has it been terminated please?
JACUSTOMER-10u3yo4g- :

there saying hes not fit for purpose,

Alex Watts :

Was it because of medical conditions?

JACUSTOMER-10u3yo4g- :

no

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

In that case then you do not need to refund the person

Alex Watts :

It seems to me that the contract is clear.

Alex Watts :

It can only be terminated for a medical reason

Alex Watts :

If this is not the case then they can not terminate.

Alex Watts :