75100385

we signed a 5 yr lease to run a public house in 2012, the private

Customer Question

we signed a 5 yr lease to run a public house in 2012, the private owner of the pub made our lives a complete misery by putting the rent up when he felt like it and then has he held the premises licence he forbade us to sell alcohol on my license , he gave us no choice but to vacate the premises , we owned all the stock ,glass wear , till ,glass washer tv, music systems etc so when we left we took everything with us , he re let the Public house and reopened it within 4 days of us leaving , today l came home to a demand of 43 thousand pounds , he is charging us for all our stock and glasswear that we owned plus the surrender of the lease and we have to respond within 14 days , as he is taking court proceedings, l don't know which way to turn ,it will bankrupt us

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

On what basis is the £43,000 owing please?