a 25 year old male threatened to knee cap my son and cave his

a 25 year old male threatened to knee cap my son and cave his head in with a baseball bat further more he partially carried the threat out and hit my son from behind with a baseball bat, my daughter was present and a struggle commenced as she just wanted to disarm attacker of the bat, all three were arrested for affray, my son has been left with a fractured eye socket fractured cheek bone and a fractured jaw. what charges will my son and daughter face and what charges can the 25 year old expect.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How long will it take the victim to recover please?

my son has grade three concussion, hospital said recovery for this can vary, he has already suffered for 11 days, his fractures will take 6 weeks to heal.

Alex Watts : If it is fractures it will certainly be actual bodily harm. It could also be grevious bodily harm as well
Alex Watts : He is also likely to face possession of an offensive weapon.
Alex Watts : If your son and daughter were the victim they can claim self defence.
Alex Watts : They could be charged with affray but may be released without charge
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

my daughter also suffered a broken nose, the 25 year old sent my 17 year old a text telling him he was going to do it, does this show intent?

Alex Watts : It certainly shows a threat. Intent is what is in a persons mind. Someone might send a text with no intention of carrying it out,
Alex Watts : Does that help?

oh right, thanks for clearing that up, he ran up behind my son and hit him over the head with it, even after my daughter managed to kick the bat into the road this boy picked it back up and hit my son again

Alex Watts : Yes. He is likely to face charges, they should be ok

thank you for your help it is a worry, my daughter is in university, my son apprentice engineer, they have never been in trouble, my daughter was petrified she said she thought he was going to kill him and she just wanted to get the bat of him.

Alex Watts : Yes I understand. I am sure the police have it in hand

thank you

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

I have left feedback and rated you. Thank you for your time, charges against my daughter has not been charged the 25 yr old is facing charges under section 18 with intent.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience