75100385

if you park a vehicle on double yellow lines and they are not

Customer Question

if you park a vehicle on double yellow lines and they are not continuous ie broken in several places. does this give one the right to contest a parking ticket?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is there a vertical strip at the end where they are broken please?
JACUSTOMER-yzmysf8r- :

Hi, the double yellow lines in question are faded and worn away if that helps

Alex Watts :

How big is the gap?

JACUSTOMER-yzmysf8r- :

the gaps are approx 450mm

Alex Watts : So quite small then? I assume there are signs up saying no parking around about?
JACUSTOMER-yzmysf8r- :

There are no signs saying "No Parking" adjacent to the lines. However I have just noticed one on the other side of the road in another street.

Alex Watts : You could contest it, but I can't say whether you would be successful.
Alex Watts : You can see decisions here
Alex Watts : http://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=132&pageNumber=2
Alex Watts : But yes you could contest it, but you do risk losing.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/