75100385

10 yers ago I purchased a business and lease.5 years later

10 yers ago I purchased a business and lease.5 years later it was found that my current landlord did not register with land registry.we paid £150000 for this,should my solicitor have checked this before handing my money to the seller,we are now in a property that we cannot sell,and cannot get a new lease as my new landlord only owns half the property

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Yes your solicitor should have checked this.
Alex Watts : Your solicitor should have taken all due diligence to make sure that it was the best deal for you.
Alex Watts : However the bad news is that it seems like you are out of time.
Alex Watts : Under the Limitation Act 1980 you have 6 years to bring a claim for breach of contract (and only 3 in negligence) to bring a claim.
Alex Watts : Sadly you are outside this time period and any claim I fear will be statute barred.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : However complain to the firm itself and they should investigate. If that does not work try the www.sra.org.uk who regulate solcitors
Alex Watts : But yes, they should have checked.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?