13262538

Hi I am going through an amicable divorce with my husband.

Customer Question

I am going through an amicable divorce with my husband. We have agreed that my 2 step sons will live with me as their main residence. I currently have a Step Parental Responsibility agreement but would like advice on the best way forward now. I assume that once divorced I will have no legal relationship with the boys?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
In fact the Agreement that was signed will survive the divorce and you will retain parental responsibility for the boys.
However if you have any concerns that your ex will go back on the agreement then you can apply to the court for a residence order assuming that the boys are still under 16
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brilliant, thank you

You are most welcome