Where can I find the legislation concerning ‘piercing the corporate

Where can I find the legislation concerning ‘piercing the corporate veil’ and/or how to request individuals (in the case the directors of a limited company) being included as Defendant’s in a case against a company?

Is this the same as ‘899 Court sanction for compromise or arrangement’

Many thanks for your time.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

It is not the same as that and it is not set out in statute but rather a common law principle I.e. Case law, see here for further information

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your help. In light of your comments, would it therefore be appropriate for me to write the following for point 3 (“What order are you asking the court to make and why?”), when completing an N244 Application form:

To make an application to the Court to ‘pierce the corporate veil’; requesting that individuals be included as Defendants. Namely, [name of director 1] and [name of director 2] – the former Directors of [name of company] (the 1st Defendant).

To make an order pertaining to s.900 of the Companies Act 2006 for the amalgamation of the dissolved company [name of company], and the currently trading business [name of 2nd company], and the subsequent transference of liabilities from the transferor company to the transferee company; thus making provision for the continuation of legal proceedings against the transferor company.

At the discretion of the Court [or should that be ‘Judge’?].

- Thanks.

The first of your option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be considered ‘bad practice’ to give an ‘OR’ option on an application like this (as above), or is the reason (for your reply) because the 2nd option is incorrect? …And if so, why?

- Thanks

Also please see

Does that help?

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience