75100385

I have been advised I will be summonsed to court for harassment

I have been advised I will be summonsed to court for harassment for writing a humble letter of apology to my ex, the police said its not the letter as nothing wrong with that its the fact i made contact.
I was given a warning what i thought was for three months and waited for the three months to be up before i apologized.
I could lose my job if proved guilty.
The interview i had seems to be sanctioned by the police sergeant pushing this through with no comment from the CPS, is this right?
I never intended to cause any harassment with my letter!!!
Where do i stand in court as i have not been in contact with my ex even beofre my warning over three months ago?
Please advise what you can?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did the Polixe warn you beforehand please?
Alex Watts : Is this the first instance?
Customer:

The police say they did, but i understood it was a three month warning. this is the frist instance since the warning, But it was a simple letterf apology, humble, nothing derogatry and the police did not complain about this.

Customer:

I did send an e mail to the police in late December as i received something that should of been forwarded to my ex, i asked should i send it, go via friends or wait until after March 7th, they did not reply.

Customer:

She told the police she freaked out, yet i saw her laughing and joking at a conference, in front of me inbetween her receiving my letter and informing the police.

Customer:

Because we worked together and she resigned from my partnership, she has written to out head office telling false accusations about me, this has been taken up by my civil lawyer as there is a case of defamation. Her intention is to get my contract terminated and if i receive a criminal record it will be.

Customer:

I want to add, i have tried/asked to mee with her to clear the air like adults, but to no avail.

Customer:

Alex Watts : Why did you continue to contact her when the police had told you not to?
Customer:

I wanted to apologies, and as we are colleagues we will be in the same places at various times, so though i wrote in my letter i did not expect or want a reply, i did say to her as we both will feel uncomfortable in the same place at the same time invite her to clear the air so we did not feel this way. Also sh had accused me of allegations which where not true. But i genuinly wanted to be the gentleman and apologies. If I knew it was an offence to to this i wouldn't of done it and i told the police this.

Alex Watts : I understand. This is an offence sadly because the police have already given you a warning to stay away.
Alex Watts : If you knew or should have known it may have caused her alarm or anything it is an offence.
Alex Watts : However the good news is that because this is not a serious incident if it went to court the sentencing range is from a high fine to a community order.
Alex Watts : The starting point is a medium length community order.
Alex Watts : But if you are convicted you are likely to also have a restraining order against you saying you can't contact or indirectly for a period of time, generally a year or more.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you wanted and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you for this..... I cant believe I of all people could get a restraining order, i dont really know what that is as i never harassed in the true sense of the word.

Customer:

I am worried I lose my job over this? Do you know of people losing there job over such a situation.

Customer:

Please advise what a community order is? what does it entail? I have no idea.

Alex Watts : Community order that is what used to be called,Probabtion so it could be unpaid work, supervision, requirement to attend a programme.
Alex Watts : I can't say whether you would lose your job, that is a matter for your employer.
Customer:

All i need is a telling off, Im so scared, its enough to put me off any contact anyway with no further action..

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
Customer:

Thank you alex.... Its such a shame two adults cant sit down together and work things out then move on with out all this business.

Alex Watts : Sadly because you were previously warned that causes a problem.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

im trying to rate your advice but its not letting me

Customer:

Still not allowing me to rate your service .. I am saying excellent by the way.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ok try now. Thanks.
Did that work?

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/