Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Can I post my resignation letter online for the world to s

Can I post my resignation letter online for the world to see?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

In principle there is nothing that makes your resignation letter confidential.

However if it contains critical or defamatory statements about your employer then by publishing it you risk being subject of a defamation claim by your employer.

Can I assist any further?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please can you read this and advise a yay or nay?? Thanks Lois

I am writing to inform you of my resignation as the only other Director of Casting Central Ltd.

I have come to this decision due to a number of reasons; I am unhappy to work for no pay, I am deeply concerned with the Companies trading position. Also I am not content to suffer the spurious allegations levelled against me by you directly.

I will not tolerate any further untrue statements being made in relation to myself and please be advised I will enforce my legal rights should this occur.

My resignation is made with immediate effect and without prejudice to any claim I may have against the Company or you the one remaining Company Director - since 27th March 2013 Stephen Hudson Jenkins resigned as Company Secretary and a Company Director.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

I would personally not publish the letter. If you are serious about bringing an employment or civil claim them I would keep the letter confidential in case it prejudices any claim or court process against your employers.

Also I would not get into any details about the company's trading position or start slinging allegations - save those for when/if you actually bring a claim. I would simply resign and say the letter/resignation is "without prejudice to any rights or claims you have accrued as an employee, under your contract of employment or against the company or its directors in any other capacity".

AJ