29905560

Hi I need to teach children in schools and my CRB check has

Hi I need to teach children in schools and my CRB check has on conviction to which happened two years ago, basically I paid a travel company for a holiday, went on Holiday and the travel company went bankrupt and did not pay the holiday for me, I only found this out whilst being in the country on holiday and then the holiday company took me to court to pay the sum twice and i refused to pay twice, the court found me in breach as I should have paid the hotel twice? this happend to 18 people but german law stated that we all 18 of us were in breach as we took the holiday? however to cut a long story short I have never been in trouble before and this is on my CRB check which I received from Scotland. Now my employer wants my CRb what should I do? will the emplozer be able to see the crb online if he writes to the disclosure service?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specifically does the check show up - what does it say is the offence against you?

Customer:

Hi Ben,

Customer:

It says that suspended probation for 3 years

Customer:

its says the offence is Foreign Legislation make false representation to make gain for self or another or cause loss to another expose to risk? No idea why I personnal think this is a false translation, but I need the CRB due to teaching children and to prove that I am not a paedophile

Ben Jones :

Yes those employers that work with children or vulnerable adults would require an Enhanced check from you so this is very likely to appear. There is a scheme which removes offences after a number of years but two years is too short so that would still be on your record. There is not much you can do to hide this to be honest – they can refuse to employ you if you do not agree to have a check done and that could jeopardise your position. The good news is that your offence is not really something that they should really consider relevant when deciding on whether to offer you the job – this is not an offence related to children, violence, etc so even though your record is not clean, they should not attach too much weight to this particular incident as it should not affect your suitability to do the job in question.

Customer:

Ok I will send them a copy do you think they will check up on this? can they check up on this with the reference number?

Ben Jones :

Well the check you already have has details of the offence, doesn't it?

Customer:

Yes it does I checked up with my solicitor in germany and he says that it has nothing to do with what I need a check for Teaching Children! and it will be cleared on the 15th of August 2015 so I can apply for a new check then right?

Ben Jones :

then you can and hopefully it should be removed but until then you would have to make do with the current one and that would include the details of the offence. The employer would only see what is in the check, they would not be contacting the police to get more information

Customer:

Ok thats fine just to clarify what about speeding fines not that I have any

Ben Jones :

what about them specifically?

Customer:

I dont have any just wondered if it would matter? but i havent done anything in my life apart from this last thing.

Ben Jones :

Well if you have no speeding fines then there is no issue really - even if you did, then it is not usually seen as a serious matter, most people have had some sort of traffic offence at some point

Customer:

ok I suppose even if my employer checked up it has nothing to do with teaching children really so I guess its answered my question.

Ben Jones :

yes correct

Customer:

Many Thanks for your Help and Happy Easter

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome, enjoy the holidays

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'