12826847

Hiya, I restore vintage vehicles, recently I was going to

Customer Question

Hiya,

I restore vintage vehicles, recently I was going to collect two from a place, I had permission to do this. I went to collect one for myself and another one for a friend. By my friend having one it would help with the transport cost.

The day this was happening I received a phone call from the police saying they were informed I was going to steal these vehicles and I did not have permission to do so. I explained that I had done all the paperwork. The Police said they would be in touch.

I have been informed they might arrest, but what for??

Steve

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Did you actually collect the vehicles please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hiya Jo,
Nope I din't. There was a email sent by the police to the senior guy there stating I was going to steal them and I had done this before!! Certainly not the case.

If you did not ever take possession of the vehicles then its not a theft. They could charge it as an attempted theft possibly although I don't think that just going to collect a vehicle really amounts to an act more than merely preparatory.

The other option is something like conspiracy to steal if they are alleging that there were others involved. I'm not sure they would prefer anything that complicated though.

They won't come and arrest you though unless they need to secure other evidence. They will just invite you in voluntarily for interview.

Can i clarify anything for you?

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/