75100385

Hello. I live in local authority housing....(council). I live

Hello.
I live in local authority housing....(council). I live in a victorian terrace surrounded by privately owned houses.
I have a secure tenancy. My question is: Can the council ever sell my home whilst I am living in it? IE to fund other housing projects in the city?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Yes,
Alex Watts : If they want to demolish it they can sell it.
Alex Watts : They can also sell it to a housing association.
Alex Watts : If this happens you can keep a secure tenancy.
Alex Watts : But if they want to demolish it then they can give notice to end.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hello Alex.

Customer:

Thank you so much for your reply.

Customer:

Just wondering if the council could give me notice to end then sell my house on the private market?

Customer:

I read some articles in the Telegraph that say Councils are being urged to sell off some of their most expensive properties in order to get revenue to build more affordable housing............my house is worth approximately £350000....so I am concerned at the possibility of this happening.

Alex Watts :

Of course you are concerned. I

Alex Watts :

They need a good reason to sell, such as what I have mentioned above, otherwise they would have to re-house you

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes thank you very much for your replies.

Customer:

Best wishes.

Customer:

Claire.

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/