Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I want to park my car on private land untaxed is it correct

I want to park my car on private land untaxed is it correct a traffic warden can not legally remove a car cover I intend to affix to the exterior of my car to obscure the index number and windscreen displaying or not valid tax disk?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Will you be sending a statutory off road notice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my question is can a traffic warden remove a car car cover to obtain my index number and details of any road fund licence disk. I have just bought the car yesterday I have not declared an off the road statement to the DVLA

Please clarify what legal rights does a traffic warden to remove an exterior cover from my car

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
There is no law explicitly dealing with this situation.

Police officers in uniform and accredited officers have power to stop and inspect vehicles by virtue of s.67 Road Traffic Act 1988.

But traffic wardens and traffic enforcement officers do not fall into this category.

So if your vehicle is parked on private land and covered any interference by a traffic warden is likely to be unlawful.