Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Land Registry have confirmed Title Absolute to my late fathers

Land Registry have confirmed Title Absolute to my late fathers estate, on a property inhabited by my parents for over 20 years. We were advised of this recently. We have now been informed that a council have challenged the decision and Land Regustry have put an interest from the council on the property. Having awarded Title Absolute, can this decision be overturned?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Title absolute can be challenged, but if a third party did make a claim and were successful, then the Land Registry would have to indemnify the paper owner (you/your parent's estate).
I must say it would be most unusual for any party to dispute ownership of a property with absolute title- are you sure the Council are indeed trying to claim ownership?
I would guess that they would be rather claiming a financial interest in the property- possibly for outstanding Nursing home fees? (just a guess).

If you could let me have a little more information, that would help me.

Kind Regards
AL