29905560

I have bought a yacht and it has had several snagging problems

I have bought a yacht and it has had several snagging problems which have been fixed. But some have left me with a repaired (looking) boat rather than a brand new boat I paid for.
Would I be entitled to some firm of compensation or refund for this?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did you buy the yacht?

Customer: 2 months ago
Ben Jones :

Thank you. The issue here is that the law (Sale of Goods Act 1979) entitles you to reject the goods and request a refund, or to ask for a repair/replacement. If you did not want the yacht due to the problems, then you should have rejected it straight away and asked for a refund, however by agreeing to have the repairs done you have accepted the yacht and have opted for the other options, those being a repair or replacement. The repairs have now been completed and from what I understand the yacht is in full working order so the main issues that remain are mainly of a cosmetic nature. The law does not directly deal with such problems because all you are entitled to is to get the repairs undertaken, which has happened. So from a legal point of view it may not be easy to claim these, but you could certainly approach the seller and negotiate with them over a discount on the purchase price due to these issues that have resulted from the repairs. This is mainly going to be a customer satisfaction issue for them though rather than a strict legal obligation

Customer: Ok thank you.
Ben Jones :

you are most welcome