UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Without asking or getting my permission,my neighbour took it

Customer Question

Without asking or getting my permission,my neighbour took it upon himself to enter my rear garden and move items in my garden away from my boundery so he may erect a fence on my boundery line. I am responsible for the boundery but as he has two dogs, he wishes to erect a more substantial fence. I am livid. I am 70years old and this is the last straw after 14years of bullying and harassment. I am desperate for some help and for someone to help fight my corner.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

You may apply for a court injunction to stop your neighbour from trespassing again on your property.

You may also make a claim for damages but you would need to show what loss you suffered as a result of your neighbour trespassing and I suspect this will be negligible so not worth making a claim for damages, unless you hire someone to reinstate your items as they were before your neighbour trespassed and moved them.

Perhaps you should start with getting a local solicitor to write your neighbour a letter pointing out the trespass and that legal action may be taken against them to stop further trespass and entry on your land without permission.

Can I help further?