13262538

If our marriage has broken down and I move out into rented

If our marriage has broken down and I move out into rented accommodation, can I force my husband to sell the shared property and if so how quickly can I do this?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is worth around £500,000 with 45,000 outstanding. There are no other assets. My husband has £35000 lump sum inheritance. There are 3 children aged 11 16 and a 19 yr old at uni.

How much does a cheaper three bedroomed property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Around £300,000

In the meantime how much of the owned household bills will I have to pay while I'm renting the second property Thank you

Who are the children living with and is the eldest still in education?
clare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eldest is at University. The 16 year old wants to be with me and the 11 half and half

Then once you move out you will not need to pay anything towards the former Matrimonial Home
If the youngest spends more nights there than with you then you will have to pay Child Maintenance - but nothing else
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clate