Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We are a property management company with 14 apartments in

We are a property management company with 14 apartments in one location. There is a Service charge apportioned between the tenants who own their properties.
If with agreement of the tenants we vary these percentages do we need to notify the Land Registry?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

On the basis that each Lease contains a clause stipulating what percentage share of service charge the respective Flat is liable for, then a Deed of Variation, confirming the new percentage will need to be drawn up. This Deed needs to be drawn up so there is no argument in the future as to the percentage payable, and for it to be valid, it will need to be registered at the Land Registry.

I am afraid there is no other way of legally changing the percentage service charge allocation other than doing it this way.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL