12826847

Hi, As a Civil Aviation pilot I retired in 1994. By this

Customer Question

Hi, As a Civil Aviation pilot I retired in 1994. By this time I had flyed for 27 years and had around 13000 flying hours in total in USSR and Russia. I never applied for pension as a pilot. Since 1993 I have been living in the UK. Now I am getting a state pension 59 UK pounds a week plus 87 UK pounds pension credit. I've heard there is an ICAO regulation that I can apply for for a pension as a Civil Aviation pilot in any country where I live permanently, which could be much higher that my current pension. Could you please advice me if it is possible to apply for a pension as a retired Civil Aviation pilot . Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Nicola,

Thank you very much for your letter. No problem, I can wait.

I'd like to add up that I am a British Citizen since 2005. Also one of my former colleague was in the same position with less working (experience) years as a pilot got a pension under the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) law around $3000 a month.

I must admit as a pilot, mostly as a captain, I worked only for Aeroflot and a commercial cargo join stock company "Volga Dnepr - Heavy Lift"

I would be grateful if you could advice me how to apply and tell me what are the chances to succeed. Thank you!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Nicola,

I look forward to hearing from you!

Fedikhan

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to seach.

Fedikhan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, please do.

Fedikhan

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Nicola,

Please close the question and refund the money.

Thank you very much for trying to find an answer.

I wish you all the best

Fedikhan