UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good Morning, My mother was clearing out some old documents

Good Morning,
My mother was clearing out some old documents and found a safe-custody letter from my deceased father's bank back in 1977 which suggested he had item(s) in safe-custody with the bank. When she took the document to the bank a couple of years ago she was told that they were unable to locate anything belonging to my father. What should she do now?
Thank you for a response
JB
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

There is a possibility that your late father may have closed thesafe deposit facility and taken his belongings from the Bank which is why the bank is unable to trace anything.

If your mother has absolute proof or knowledge that the above was never done, then it may be advisable to lodge a formal complaint with the Bank and ask them to investigate the matter again.

Hope this helps