Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

We share a boundary fence with a primary school. Recently 2

We share a boundary fence with a primary school. Recently 2 notices were screwed onto our side of the fence threatening legal action to any person exercising a dog or playing ball games on their land.As there is no easy access to our garden which already has our own two "Keep out" warnings near our boundary stone walls we feel that such school notices are uncessary and offensive.( We do not own adog and are 78 and 80 years old!)
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today

What exactly would you like to know about this please?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon - do you still require assistance with this matter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please -the fence is owned by the school .Can we get the threatening notices removed?- bearing in mind that only we,and our visitors can see them

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon

I'm sorry to say that there is no law against the school affixing notices to their fence. It would, of course, be a different matter if this was your fence and they had trespassed on your property and caused some damage. Furthermore, there is nothing objectively offensive about the notice and it does not appear to in breach of any civil or criminal laws. However, you have the right to complain as you have done and hopefully the school will take notice of your concerns.

I appreciate this is not the answer you were looking for but as a solicitor I have a duty to explain the law in an independent and objective manner and I hope I have done so in your situation.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello Alan

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes