12826847

Issued with fixed penalty notice informed them i could not

Customer Question

Issued with fixed penalty notice informed them i could not pay full amount but sent25% by postal order this was returned i have now bee issued with a summunds to appear before amagistrates court where the same issue willwill occur that i will not be able to pay the full amount

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the issuing authority in default if thy do not accept my payment

No, I am sorry.

If you didn't pay the fixed penalty in full by the due date then you cannot claim it. They have no authority to accept part payments and you certainly cannot demand it. A fixed penalty is just an administrative means of dealing with these things to reduce pressure on courts. The problem is that it must be paid off in full within the statutory time limit to allow them to summons in time if there is a default which is why it is a one off offer.

If you didn't pay the fixed penalty then their only option is to summons you to court.

The penalties will be higher at court but you can pay in instalments as Courts have authority to accept that.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/