13262538

does a prenuptial agreement have any standing in british law?

does a prenuptial agreement have any standing in british law? also is a prenup still valid even if you signed up for this after getting married / civil partnership?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Provided that there has been full financial disclosure by both parties; they had separate legal advice and there was no coercion and the deed was signed at least 28 days prior to the ceremony AND it makes reasonable provision then it is likely that the Court will respect the Agreement - but not certain.
If it is signed AFTER the ceremony then it is a POST nuptial agreement and more likely to be respected - provided there is full disclosure and no coercion
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details