12826847

I was living with a former partner for 8 years and moved into

Customer Question

I was living with a former partner for 8 years and moved into a new house together, which was mortgaged and in his name. Over the 8 years, I contributed to items in the house, and decoration etc. We split up 3 years ago, which at the time he was financially maxed out. It has now been brought to my attention that the former partner has now entered into a civil partnership and sold the house, would I have any entitlement to any aspect of the sale price?
Did you actually v=contribute to any structural improvements or alterations to the property - or the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in terms of the property, I contributed to the refurbishment of the kitchen a few years into the property. I also contributed to some of the garden fittings, etc

What kind of refurbishment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

basically completely replaced all of the cupboards and work surface, there was also a number of items within the property that were never returned

how much did you pay towards the kitchen and what items did you leave there?