Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

hi have canceled my order for air to air after two days by

have canceled my order for air to air after two days by phone,but am finding it very hard
to get my deposit back,could you please advise me.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

What is air to air?

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help?

If so, please could you explain your situation in a little more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also i told the rep i could not afford it ,he told me to get a credit card

were you do not pay any interest ,iam 74 my wife is 80 plus an invalied.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
What exactly is air to air?

I'm sorry but I am not getting a clear picture of what's going on.

Please clarify exactly what's going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

air to air is a solar heating system.

on the 2 of april a rep from british solar came to see me and my wife

about solar air to air heating i explained i could not afford it he convinced me i could if got a credit card were i did not pay any interest for the first yearand if had not payed the credit card up at the end of the first year to take out another credit card,after thinking about this i rang up british solar 4 april

and told them i am canceling from that date to now i have rang and spoken

to a lot of people at british solar who have made many promises the fifteen hundred pouns woulb put into my bank account

hope this helps

regards bill

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bill

Thanks for the additional information.

Its sounds like you've entered a contract for the solar panels. Normally if you change your mind you have to pay a penalty, which is normally the deposit.

The only time you'd not be liable is if you've cancelled within the "cooling off" period if there is one.

But regardless of whether there is a contract and/or cooling off period it does sound like you've been pressured into purchasing something that you cannot afford.

High pressure sales is not uncommon but it does mean you're landed with something you do not want.

My suggestion is that you should write to the company to explain that a) you cancelled the order within 2 days b) were subjected to high pressure c) cannot afford the order d) you and your wife are elderly e) the suggestion that you get a credit card is not viable.

This should make the company go away but if they continue to pressure you then you should complain to your local Trading Standars office.

Can I assist any further?

Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm