How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter (21) recently found me on a chat line.I

Resolved Question:

My daughter (21) recently found me on a gay chat line. I told my partner (mother of daughter) who is on work then holiday in Austrailia. This is the second time. The first timer was after my brother committed suicide 8 years ago. My partner says she has always loved the gay in me. And wanted a gay man who would be faithful I have always denied my 'gayness' untyil the gay marriage thing, which prompted a crisis, She is obviously v v angry that I have 'sabotaged' her holiday and family (my son is 26) aand wants me out of the house by Saturday when she returns. What are my rights?

We both joint own the house and it is totally paid off.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You have every right to live in the property as you jointly own it and you do not need to move out.

You should try and work it out with your partner if possible otherwise look at separating eventually. If she is able to, you may ask her to buy out your share in the property.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has my partner a right to keep the family home until my 21 year old daughter finishes university?


Finally, thanks for your reply. Looking through examples of past issues which you have been questioned about I would prefer if you did not publisise this issue you are dealing with and would respect privacy.


Many thanks

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You both have the right to live in the property and at 21, your daughter would not be an influencing factor.

I will ask for this to be kept confidential.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks.


If it does get nasty, and the locks are changed etc or stuff thrown out on the street, does this then become a matter for the police?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Possibly yes, police could get involved if things get out of order.

All the best, XXXXX XXXXX to leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions