75100385

I have received a notice to produce documents from HMRC, the

Customer Question

I have received a notice to produce documents from HMRC, the date given is a couple of weeks away. Prior to this I have wrote to the HMRC stating that I no longer have the records, and that I am currently undergoing treatment and medication for severe depression. The problem I have is that HMRC don't seem to acknowledge any of the correspondence and doctors letters regards XXXXX XXXXX and the fact I am unable to supply said documents, what can I do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You should send a letter special delivery saying that you do not have the documents and a copy of your doctor letters.

Alex Watts :

Then that should be the end of the matter

Alex Watts :

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are there any legal steps I can take if they choose to ignore the letter and doctors letters?

Sadly not. All you can do is wait for them to try and enforce.