12826847

I am in court on a drink driving charge. I was moving my

Customer Question

I am in court on a drink driving charge.

I was moving my car in a private car park and unfortunately I reversed into a vehicle it was not my intention to drive home only to move the vehicle out of the way as my friend was to take me home later. I drove the car a matter of 10 feet, however, the owner of the other vehicle called the police without even talking to me or taking my details. When the police arrived I was not in the vehicle.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I have any sort of defence from being disqualified.

It depends really.

I haven't had full vision of this case and you do need to bear that in mind. However, if this is not a road or a public place then there is no offence anyway. Private land is not covered by the drink driving laws. However, what is private land is quite complicated and its not sufficient to just point to a few signs referring to private property.

If that fails, you may have a special reasons argument if you only drove a very short distance. That would involve a conviction but you could avoid a ban on the basis of special reasons.

If that fails though then I'm afraid the ban is mandatory.