13262538

Hi my mum in a care home the property jointly owned i payed

Hi my mum in a care home the property jointly owned i payed the morgage my mum did not , mum has a saving account & post office account for her pension i have a card to get her money when she needs it my name is XXXXX XXXXX saving account , mum wanted me to take some money out at a time and put into her saving account which i did then she decided to have some home improvements done mum offered to pay so she asked me to draw some money to pay them we didn't go with a company we got it cheap and payed cash no receipts , i didn't no mum was gonna has a stroke i couldn't cope with her at home so she went into a care home now they the local authority wants to no why large some of why money were taken out they want the money & i don't have it , there is some money left can they kick me out of my home .

How much did you take from her account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

£6000

When was this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

29/dec/12 i wonder if they would except some payment once a month, i do have other things to pay for i'm on me own i will try to pay it back.

What other savings does your mother have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no other savings.

have the Local Authority actually asked you for the money - or just asked what has happened to it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no they haven't asked for the money, they want to no what happen to it, i have had a chat with the lady that wrote the letter to me she said she needs documents evidencing how long i have been living at the address,i explained where some of the money gone & how i have cared for my mother & that i payed for the morgage ,she asked me to put it writing she said its to make a final assessment .

how long have you lived with your mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all my life i'm 54

How did you come to own the house with her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a council house .

So you purchased it together from the start - this is good news as there is no basis on which they can count her share as part of her assets
Since that means that her assets are worth much less than £16,000 you need have no concern - they will have to fund her care - and you can repay the money to her account on a gradual basis
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details