13262538

I have been remarried 14yrs but my house was paid for when

I have been remarried 14yrs but my house was paid for when my first husband died 26 yrs ago surely my now husband cannot have a claim on my home

Clare :

Clare :

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Clare :

Sorry - in fact I do not need any further information - I just need to be a better typist

Clare :

It is bad news I am afraid

Clare :

Not only does your husband have the right to live in the matrimonial home so long as you are married (unless there is an order excluding him as a result of violence) but the length of the relationship means that he also has a financial interest in the property.

Clare :

How large that interest would be depends on what other assets and debts there and, what income you both have and what your respective housing needs are .

Clare :

Please ask if you need further details