12826847

HelloA local letting agent is advertising a property for

Customer Question

Hello A local letting agent is advertising a property for rent, this property has an active prohibition order issued by the local council. Are they allowed to advertised when the property has been served this order ? Obviously the property has failed all current safety issues and is still being advertised for rent. Many thanks Heather XXXXX XXXXX

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

There is nothing to stop them advertising it for rent although they would not actually be able to rent it out. It may be an oversight or they may be using it to attract customers.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks.....

Are they allowed to sign tenancy agreements for this property - it is a student let ?

Heather

There is nothing to stop them advertising it for rent although clearly they would not actually be able to rent it out.

It may be an error or they may be using it to attract customers.

However there is no wrongdoing in the act of advertising it. I suppose it gives rise to an inference but no more than that.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/