75100385

Can a financial guarantee which was given negligently by a

Customer Question

Can a financial guarantee which was given negligently by a third party (Negligence proven & accepted in a parallel case) on behalf of a partnership to a lending institution be enforceable by that lending institution against the partnership i.e. can the lending institution rely on a negligent guarantee given without the consent of the partners?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : On what basis was the guarantee negligent please?