75100385

Hi I got a speeding fine a few months ago and I was honest

Customer Question

Hi I got a speeding fine a few months ago and I was honest and put up my hands to the speeding offence, the police sent a fine of £100 and said I will get 3 points, this happened on a two lane dual carriageway which goes to a 40mph. I knew this camera was there as I used this road for over 40 yrs,
I sent all documents and bank details. Some weeks later I get a letter saying the bank refused payment, but on checking my a/c the money was in there plus my bank statement also shows sufficient funds so cannot understand this, in the letter it also states and I quote
Please forward both your licence and payment to my office by 7th November, letter dated 7th January 2014 unquote, so thinking I have a few months to sort this out put it to one side for later, I went away for a couple of weeks and on return I had a court hearing date to attend, so I'm asking advice on the situation as letter says return by 7th November, plus bank refusing payment when fund were more that sufficient.
I have to return court documents by end May 2014
Your input on this strange situation would be grateful, as I have not had a speeding fine for In access of 25yrs and not sure what I should do, I know I have to plead guilty to speeding but after that seems I'd to me

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you accept you were speeding?
JACUSTOMER-1uz5qlqg- : Yes
Alex Watts : Sadly all you can do is plead guilty by post.
Alex Watts : But include the bank statement and letter from the ticket office.
Alex Watts : The court may accept to give you the same as a fixed penalty.
Alex Watts : But you won't need to attend court, this can be all done by post.
Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/