75100385

I had been away, to come home and find a letter,(saying hand

I had been away, to come home and find a letter,(saying hand delivered). Once opened, it read. Date of eviction and time. That being, the same day. I panicked. So took myself to the courts. Only to be told that there was nothing I could do. Knowing it was about my rent. I took money with me to pay it. Even though I am on benefits, but they had messed up yet again. I went to the office and was told it was to late. I went back to the flat, only to find that they had changed the locks. With all my belonging still in there. And I mean everything in the world. And I have know where to go. Being the bank holiday, nothing I can do. Been sleeping rough. What can I do.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : are you on the council homeless list please?
Customer:

This only happened last Thursday. The following day was Good Friday. Then it was the weekend. Been sleeping rough, in the wood's. Its the first thing I will be doing tomorrow. Along with my unemployment.

Alex Watts : How come you did not know about the eviction before?
Customer:

I had been away from my flat

Customer:

Sorry about that. I had been away for personal reasons. Before I went away, I had received no letters from Gallions Housing asocation. If I had received any letters I would of acted on it. They tried to evicted me before due to the rent not being paid. Again down to the benefit office. And that total was nearly £3grand. And I appealed against against it. And it was all sot

Customer:

Sorted and the housing benefit paid the lot and I got my money back also. But this time I received no letters informing me of what was happening. Or else I would of done something about it.

Customer:

It seems that I am only able to read a sentence from you. That being, how come I didn't know anything about the eviction. I hope that, that isn't your total reply. As nothing else is coming up on my screen. Oh did get a message saying that you want to talk with me. Well here is my number. XXXXXXXXXXX Hope you had a nice weekend. Mine could of been better. B

Customer:

Again sorry. I'm hiy

Customer:

I'm hitting the wrong key Not the best living outside. Really not the best for me. Hope to hear from you at some point. Thanks Craig.

Customer:

Zero,seven,seven,one,nine,zero,three,eight,five,eight,eight

Customer:

Contact me please Jo

Alex Watts : Did you have any warning letters?
Alex Watts : Did you have a court claim form about the eviction?
Alex Watts : Did you receive the order for possession?
Alex Watts : Did you get the warrant of eviction form?
Customer:

The only letter that I got was saying that my rent wasn't being paid. That's all. Had know other letters. The eviction letter was just posted. And when I opened it. I thought it was a letter to go to court. So I went up there, that's when I realised it was a eviction notice and that was the time they were going to take the flat.

Alex Watts : So you never had anything else?
Customer:

/nothing or I would have gone to court for an appeal in front of a judge. When I went to the office I was told it was to late orwhat could be done. Was told nothing now.So went back to the flat and I was locked out. They had changed the locks already. So only have the clothing that I am wearing.

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afraid. If there was a court order and you have been evicted the tenancy had ended.
Alex Watts : This means all you can do now is go to the councils homeless department.
Alex Watts : You can't get this tenancy reinstated, it has ended,
Alex Watts : As it has ended you can be it back
Alex Watts : So sadly you need to see homeless services and see if the can help.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/