12826847

my old dog who is full of arthritis and in pain has bitten

my old dog who is full of arthritis and in pain has bitten someone. it wasnt an attack. the male adult has been told on numerous occasions to leave him he is in pain and not well. my dog is now 70 and does not have the same patience. the man has been told , he did not listen and my dog bit him, a bad bite none the less, how do i stand legally, will the dog have to be put to sleep

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Where did the bite take place please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it happened in my house,

Please don't waste another minute of your life worrying about this nonsense.

The Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 does not apply to private locations. A house is a private location.

They could drop down under the Dogs Act 1871. That is just a civil complaint though and, although it does carry destruction, its extremely rare unless the injuries were literally severe. I've only ever seen it once and I do a lot of this type of work. That case did involve very serious injuries to a young child and it was only a day after a very unfortunate headline.

If this person doesn't like being bitten by your dog then perhaps he can try not annoying it like responsible dog handlers.