75100385

How long can a company remain in Liquidation?

Customer Question

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Does the company have assets please?
JACUSTOMER-ycdpsxnn- :

There were some but would have been realised. leaving large deficiency Is there a time limit?

JACUSTOMER-ycdpsxnn- :

Or are there circumstances that can delay forever?

Alex Watts :

It would never be forever. But sales and liquidation of assets can take time

Alex Watts :

The Administrator must get the best price possible.

Alex Watts :

So it could take many many months

Alex Watts :

There is no legal time limit

Alex Watts :

But if there are complex assets then it can take time

Alex Watts :

But the Administrator also has a duty to mitigate any unnecessary costs, so if they are doing it just to rack up costs, that is not acceptable.

Alex Watts :

But it may just be that there is a genuine reason

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-ycdpsxnn- : Thank you. I will check.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :