I don't think so. It would be past 7 days since I had the salesman in anycase
I was given seven day cooling off period having checked the paperwork. That was from 3.4.14.
I have called them again & spoken to someone. I have given them 3 weeks to install the technology - a final date of 15.5.14 to install by - or the agreement will be considered a breach of contract as time is of the essence. I have a decorator and carpet fitter waiting for dates now as the work has not been done on time.
I ahve confirmed this conversation by email to the company.
When I spoke to them today I quoted that time was of the essence now because of all the delays. I have given them till the 15.5.14 to fit the technology and they have come back with a date of 8.5.14
If they delay this can I get out of the contract?
Not at the beginning, no. I did question the salesman about the number of appointments that were cancelled at the last minute but he assured me that it was the exception and I would have no problems with the technical team.
He was wrong!
No. They were the ones who were pushy over the dates. I work part time and only have 2 days off a week.
They booked the survey for the week after the salesman called. He rearranged it on the day he should have come.
He arranged the fitting for the following week but then yesterday I was told they were not coming.
They have now rearranged for 8.5.14 after my conversation with them about the frustrations of them constantly not turning up and setting a time constraint.
They have offered to drop the price by £100 pounds as I could have worked the day they were due to come and lost out as they got someone else to cover that day.
They have sent me a letter to agree to this amended price and asked me to sign - can I add that time is of the essence? Is this in effect a new contract? They have sent two copies, one to return & one for me.
OK thank you. They seem to have responded by making a date but then they did that four times with the salesman and twice with the surveyor! What would be considered a reasonable time as I am delaying the decorator & carpet firm?
Thanks for your help. Not necessarily what I wanted to hear but at least I know where I stand.