UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

To the question.My application to join The Royal Hospital

Customer Question

To the question. My application to join The Royal Hospital Chelsea was excepted and approved, in writing by Col S.C. Bate OBE the adjutant. After which I spent a considerable sum of money getting my house certificated ready to rent. My approval for admittance was later turned down. I need to recoup my expenses through the Small Claims Court. Question; Who do I direct it to Col SC Bate OBE as he was the one I was dealing with or The Royal Hospital Chelsea as the body, if it is The Royal Hospital Chelsea who do I address it to? Hope you can help. Barrie D Davey

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You should address your claim to the body, the Royal Hospital Chelsea. It is governed by a Board of Commissioners, in the same way a company will have a Board of Directors as the people governing the company.

The Royal Hospital Chelsea was established by Royal Warrant.

This old set of accounts may help you get a better understanding of the Hospital

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/235351/0264.pdf

Hope this helps