12826847

i have a speeding ticket and the offence has an E130 as the

Customer Question

i have a speeding ticket and the offence has an E130 as the offence code is this right

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was stopped by a police man with a hand held speeding gun and told i was doing 45 in a 30 limit then was given a ticket but on the ticket he has put the offence down as E130 ,do i still have to pay the fine

No, you do not. You do not have to pay a fixed penalty at all. It is no more than an offer by the police to deal with this matter administratively essentially to reduce pressure upon the courts.

However, if you do not then there is a risk that they will summons you to court.

If you are doing 45 miles an hour in a 30 zone then I would have expected them to summons you anyway because you are not suitable for the fixed penalty on the sentencing guidelines.

If they do summons you then you are facing 4 to 6 points or disqualification of between 7 to 28 days and a fine of roughly 125% to 175% of your weekly income plus costs of £80.

In fairness, they do sometimes forget to summons and if they do and do not do it within 6 months then there will be time barred.

If what you are asking though is whether or not using this offence code means that the matter cannot be prosecuted then I'm afraid the answer is that it can.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/