12826847

My friend has an Enduring Power of Attorney taken out in February

Customer Question

My friend has an Enduring Power of Attorney taken out in February 2007.Since Oct/Nov 2007 when Enduring ceased and Lasting was introduced , is her Enduring one still legal or does she have to apply for the new two Lasting ones?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

It is still perfectly valid and if it is not registered, it can still be registered. There is no need to take out the new Lasting Power of Attorney.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/