12826847

I am being interviewed on Tuesday evening in my home by the

I am being interviewed on Tuesday evening in my home by the police regarding a potential indecent exposure accusation, do I need a lawyer and is so what type

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two months ago I was pulled over by a police car whilst driving, they stated that I collegue had seen me exposing myself whilst driving. they took my details and let me go. I have had a phone call today from my local police station to make an appointment to interview me. they wouldn't tell what it is about but I presume it is about the incident above.

I'm freaking out as I have never had contact with the police before

Do you deny the incident?

Is the allegation that a police officer saw this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I deny this incident

I have no idea if the collegue they mentioned was a police officer or not.

Ok. You do need a solicitor and if i were acting for you then I would not agree to you being interviewed at home. I know you would probably prefer that but all that does is deprive you of your protection under PACE to a taped recorded interview under caution.

I would call a criminal firm tomorrow and get them to negotiate surrender at the police station for interview in the normal way.

Its swings and roundabouts with this type of thing. Often they cannot get the interview in at court if they have conducted it at home but if you are raising a defence then probably you would prefer it to be admissible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you suggest the best way to find a solicitor and what type do I need

Where are you roughly in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Luton

Try this firm

http://www.lawtonslaw.co.uk/

in the morning.