75100385

Yester day I asked question to your solicitor Alex waits ,

Customer Question

Yester day I asked question to your solicitor Alex waits , I rented a property to the tenant in the following manner

First Agreement- started on 26/10/2009 for 3 years
Second agreement-started on 26/10/2012 for 12 months
Served Section 21 notice on 20th of October 2013 to commence from 15th October to expire 15th of December 2013.
Third extended agreement-started 16/12/2013 for 4 weeks dated on 27/12/2013

I understand that the notice I served on the tenant may not a be valid as I have not given two clear months period because I have pre dated as 15th October and sent it only on 20th October .

It was a weekly tenancy. Rent was paid by the council four weekly. I should have counted the two months period from 26th October allowing approximately 9 weeks.

The other aspect is, I created a new tenancy for a period of one month during periodic tenancy .

The tenant told me that he is vacating on Sunday, 27th April and I was in contact with his new landlord. I now understand he declined to accept the room stating it is too small

What should I do to evict the tenant? I gave him more than 3 months to find an alternative accommodation. I do not know if I could commence any action under the Housing act 1988 as an assured short hold tenancy serving correct section 21 notice disregarding the one month tenancy?

Please Advice
1. Can I issue a new Section 21 starting 27th April 2014 expire on 27th of June 2014? or Do I have to wait until 27th of June to issue section 21?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You created an extension for 4 weeks rather than a new tenancy, that's correct?
JACUSTOMER-g2b4jlw8- :

can I issue another section 21 from 27th of april2014 expire on 27th of June

Alex Watts : Yes you can.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
JACUSTOMER-g2b4jlw8- :

Sorry, If I issue the new one dated from 27th of April, vaccate by 27th of June will be more strong on courts

JACUSTOMER-g2b4jlw8- :

because of extentension I made on 27th of December

JACUSTOMER-g2b4jlw8- :

Alex sorry If I issue another section 21, to my tenant,Incase if he not leave the property, I can take him to court?

Alex Watts : Ok you can issue another section 21 yes
Alex Watts : I do not think it really changes your position in terms of strength.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
JACUSTOMER-g2b4jlw8- :

thanks

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today please?