75100385

I am a self employed handyman and use my own vehicle for work.

Customer Question

I am a self employed handyman and use my own vehicle for work. I am down as the second driver on our insurance and wanted to know how to work out how much I am able to claim back on the fuel. I understand that I cannot claim on personal use of the car but wonder how I can work out how much fuel I have used for work purposes.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You can claim 45p a mile against tax when you file your annual return.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/