13262538

Im a disabled lady of 63 and have a court order that says

I'm a disabled lady of 63 and have a court order that says I have to give my ex-husband about £95,000 from the sale of my home by October,the order was made 7 years ago.I tried to sell last year and couldn't find anything i could afford that was suitable for someone with my disability i will be left with between £165,000-£175,000 i don' think the court made any consideration about my disability when the order was made.I really don't know where to go from here and would be grateful if you have any idea what i might do.

Janice Ellison
How much do you need?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare I live in Totton Southampton and to find a property that has side access to a shed or better still a garage,i would need about £40,000/£60,000 more to spend to get a semi detached house or a bungalow.I've looked at terraced houses but you can't turn a mobility scooter in the narrow cut ways,and with flats your not allowed to put up a shed on communal gardens.I really do think the court have made a boo boo with this.

Janice

Was the Order made after a full court hearing or by agreement between you and your ex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare the order was agreed between my ex-husband and myself,with the two solicitors and then presented to the judge which took about 15 minutes.I was told by my solicitor that an agreement had to be made there and then otherwise we would have to do it all again in a few months and have a second hearing costing more money.

Janice

Is your ex likely to force the sale?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare yes all he cares about is getting his money,he will enforce the order very quickly he doesn't need the money to buy a property,my bungalow is on the market at the moment.

Janice

I am so very very sorry
You agreed a Consent Order and I am afraid that it is not possible now to change this.
The circumstances under which such Orders can be varied are very specific and involve events that were unforeseeable at the time
I am sorry - I know that this is a terrible blow but I have to tell you the situation honestly
Please ask if you need further details