12826847

can you sell a house purchase contract "on" once ou have exchanged

Customer Question

can you sell a house purchase contract "on" once ou have exchanged i.e. assign?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but its bad news.

There is nothing to stop this provided it is not excluded in the contract. Often it is so its worth checking that. If its not excluded though then it cannot be stopped.

I am sorry.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Standard Conditions of Sale (fifth edition) Contract. I can not see anything precluding

See Clause 1.5.1

The buyer is not entitled to transfer the benefit of the contract.

This was not included in the fourth edition but was included in the fifth edition. Prior to the fifth edition, it was done as a special condition

It can still be varied as a special condition which says that clause 1.5.1 does not apply

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/